Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Better Plan

Last week, I saw the results of Upcat and Ustet. I didn't pass any of those entrance exams. I just got waiting list for Entrepreneur at UST. Thank the Lord. But I still cried. I cried so hard. I really wanna pass Upcat and make my parents proud. I made a poem about it. This poem is for our performance task in English. I have to make a poem about my significant experience. I made it about this. I know this may sound weird to some, but while making the poem, I cried a lot. It was hard to move on. But when I finished the poem... The crying stopped. I felt happy now and less negative. I think writing, really, does help you share your emotions and feelings when you can't say it or shout it. When I finished the poem, It's like, I feel free. It's like I have already moved on and shared everyone what and how I felt. I realized things I should have realized before. I thank everyone who inspired me to make this poem. It's entitled "A Better Plan". :)


"A Better Plan"

I thought I did great,
I was positive I could pass it,
Imagining my parents proud,
Hoping without doubts.

The big day finally came,
Hoping I would see my name.
Seeing the results,
I felt my heart melt.

A huge failure, I thought,
But a wise man once taught,
“Be strong! Wipe out those tears,
It won’t do you good, my Dear.”

Following his advice,
I redeemed myself,
Thinking of a plan,
That would get me to dream land.

Now, expect a new me.
For any problem, I’ll be ready.
I’ll be thankful for my mistakes,
Coz’ a better me, it makes

Realizing many things…
Finally! My heart joyfully sings!
A better plan, God has.
A huge smile, at last!

I know some people may think my poem needs a lot work or editing. I'm not quite sure. Tell me if there's something wrong with the poem. I would love to hear all of your opinions.

-b

No comments:

Post a Comment